Some countries such as Ireland, name it as debs, which stands for debutante wherein it has still the same concept of the prom. Different places and different people have different lifestyles, thus, prom party in different countries are unique with each other, especially in terms of the music used during the event. In the US, party goers are in cocktail dresses and love to dance on pop songs while some countries are fan of wearing long gowns and backed by mellow tunes. Nevertheless, the way of celebrating the event doesn’t matter. What matters most is the way we dress, the way we fix our hair, and the way we look forward to be crowned as Prom King/ Prom Queen. To feel the great event as a spontaneous one, here are some songs that will boomerang your effort just to make yourself amazing.
- 1. On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull starts the party in a hot way and helps stamping your feet on the floor.
- 2. Blow by Kesha to add more blazes in prom party.
- 3. Here’s to Never Growing Up – Avril Laviagne for us to remind and to defend ourselves from our foolishness in high school days.
- 4. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship; This song reached the no. 1 hit in the UK Singles Chart on 1987. Too old? Definitely, yes! But it has still a great impact for playing in prom for us to remind that we can still build dreams together.
- 5. I’ll Be There – Julie Ann San Jose; Filipino female singer which expresses her support to her friends and anybody in the prom can relate it. It’s perfect for the cotillion dance in prom parties!
- 6. Today My Life Begins – Bruno Mars; a semi – pop song that reminds everybody that life’s too short to have regrets. So, whatever you have done mistakes in your high school days, don’t regret from it. Instead, learn from it.
- 7. Ehu Girl – Kolohe Kai to feel the charm and beauty of the ladies in the prom. Ehu is from a Hawaiian word which means gently rubbing a patient to revive him from fainting.
- 8. Whistle – Flo Rida; the newest album of Flo Rida to make the event cool and more relaxing.
- As you have observed, songs being suggested here are not in the same rhythm; there’s mellow, pop, and reggae. Therefore, it’s always best to wear comfortable, yet stylish clothing on prom occasions. It doesn’t matter whether you go for cheap cocktail dresses or designer ones as long as you can dance your night away in it.